If you love tacos/fajitas, you will love this recipe:
1. Meat must be room temperature prior to cooking.
2. Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees.
3. Heavily salt and pepper the outside of the shanks.
4. Lightly dust with flour, then place them in a dutch oven or roasting pan.
5. Add to the pan one diced onion, 1-2 cloves of garlic, and cover the outside of the shanks with chili powder or fajita/taco seasoning.
6. Add enough of a 1:1 beef stock/red wine mixture to cover the shanks halfway.
7. Cover and place in pre-heated oven.
8. Check liquid level every 2 hours, adding stock/wine as needed to keep it from drying out.
9. When the meat is fork tender, remove the shanks, and de-bone/shred the meat.
10. Add it back into the pot with the liquid reduction, and mix well.
11. Place it back into oven for another 30min- 1 hour.
12. Remove, and serve with warm corn or flour tortillas with your choice of taco fixings.